MEDIOR COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT
ENERGIA is an international network of like-minded organisations and professionals, active in Asia and Africa. Our vision is that women and men have equal and equitable access to and control over sustainable energy services as an essential human right to development. To achieve this, we:
- contribute to energy access for all by scaling up the delivery of energy services through women-led micro and small businesses,
- advocate for and provide technical support to mainstream gender approaches in energy policies and programmes,
- provide the evidence base for improving energy investment effectiveness through research,
- raise awareness and enhance knowledge of issues related to gender and energy through networking and knowledge products
Our efforts are consistent with the global agenda on poverty eradication, universal access to energy and gender equality under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
ENERGIA is hosted by Hivos, a humanistic organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. One of its main themes is energy as it is a vital driving force for development. Access to energy can alleviate poverty, improve living conditions and propel economic development.
To support our communications coordinator in the implementation of our communications strategy, we are looking for an all-round medior communications consultant for the period of one year.
- Managing ENERGIA’s social media channels and develop and implement specific social media campaigns
- Content development for online and offline communications (blogposts and other pieces for the website, social media posts, content for print material, infographics, etc.)
- Converting research reports and policy briefs into accessible and visually attractive communications products
- Maintaining ENERGIA’s website up to date
- Developing ENERGIA’s digital newsletter
- Supporting/assisting communications coordinator in communication activities preparing for and during international events and conferences
- Supporting communications coordinator in overseeing outsourced product development and other projects
- You are a versatile communication expert with a college or university degree in communication and at least 5 years of working experience in the field of communication.
- You have affinity with ENERGIA’s vision and mission and are driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change. You have knowledge of and experience in the field of international development cooperation. Knowledge of and experience in the field of gender and energy is an advantage.
- Track record in stakeholder communication for lobby & advocacy is an advantage.
- You are tech savvy; you have experience in online communication and in coordinating and independently executing all related activities.
- You are an excellent writer and (near) native English
- You are able to work with minimal guidance on specific products
- You are proactive with no 9 to 5 mentality
You are able to start asap. The contract will be until the end of February, 2019, initially for 16 hours per week, with the possibility of extension to 24 hours per week after March 2018, depending on funding.
For this consultation you have to be based in the Netherlands. You will work from the Hivos Office in The Hague.
In consultation and depending on experience.
Please send a short letter motivating your interest, your CV and relevant examples (all in English) to Tjarda Muller: email@example.com before February 5, 2018, 09:00 CET