The ECOWAS Centre for Regional Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) will commission a feasibility study on business opportunities for women in a changing energy value chain in west Africa (see full project title and reference below). This study will be funded through a Grant from African Development Bank through the NEPAD – Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility Special Fund (NEPAD-IPPF Special Fund).
The overall objective of the project is to ensure that the region meets its goal of universal energy access for its over 300 million people, by developing a high quality, gender responsive, regional energy market development strategy that taps into the innate entrepreneurial capacity of ECOWAS women, harnessing this capacity towards increasing the establishment of energy businesses and deployment of energy technologies to meet the energy needs of the region’s largely unserved population.
- Component I – preparation of the pre-feasibility study
- Component II – preparation of four highly specific feasibility studies to promote financing of women businesses and organizing of an Investor Forum
- Component III – Project Management
- Preparation of the Pre-Feasibility Study on Business Opportunities for Women in a Changing Energy Value Chain in West Africa
- Preparation of a feasibility study in four selected countries to promote financing of women businesses and organizing of an Investor Forum
- Recruitment of a financial audit Firm
The acquisition of consulting services financed by the proceeds of the Grant will be carried out in accordance with the Procurement Policy and Methodology for Bank Group Funded Operations, dated October 2015, as may be amended from time to time, using relevant Bank Standard Bidding documents. Bidding documents are expected to be available in March 2017 for the pre-feasibility study, July2017 for the feasibility study and November 2017 for the recruitment of the financial Audit Firm.
Interested bidders may obtain further information, and should confirm their interest, by contacting:
The Executive Director,
ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency,
Achada Santo Antonio,
Electra Building, 2nd floor,
C.P. 288, Praia, Cape Verde.
Attn: Mr Mahama KAPPIAH
With Copy to:
Ms Monica MADUEKWE
Mr BANGOURA Seydou Kassory
Principal Procurement Officer Ecowas Commission
Mr ALCIDES Oliveira
Admin HR Officer ECREEE
AFDB/NEPAD/ECOWAS PROJECT ON FEASIBILITY STUDY ON BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR WOMEN IN A CHANGING ENERGY VALUE CHAIN IN WEST AFRICA
AfDB – African Development Bank
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, The, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
– Business Centres / Incubators / Business Development / Business Plans / Clustering
– Planning / Policy
PROGRAMME & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:
– Project Cycle Management / Project implementation
– Identification / Needs Analysis / Formulation / Feasibility Study
SOCIAL SERVICES / SOCIAL SCIENCES / POPULATION:
– Gender / Women / Equal Opportunities / Discrimination / Re-integration